Welcome to Granting Hope!

It is with heavy hearts that we welcome you to our ministry. We exist because we too have lost a child and wish to comfort those who know this pain. You can read our story and learn more about what we do as you navigate through the tabs below.

Please know that you are not alone and that the darkness that you feel right now will ease with time, love, and support. We hope and pray that we can be of some comfort to you in these coming days.

With love and hope,

Jody & Kris

Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 3 After the Loss, Self Portrait

So I have gotten a little behind on my Capture Your Grief Postings- I've been sharing them on two Facebook pages and then I never get around to coming back to the blog. So here they are- Day 3 "After Loss, Self Portrait" This photo is very painful to share; however, dealing with your pain is what this is all about so here it is. This was taken two days after a very long hard labor and a last minute Csection. I was medicated so that I could attend my son's funeral. I remember wondering how a person should look in a photo like this. Do I try to smile? But that hardly seems appropriate so here is the result-

No comments:

Post a Comment